Google reader has disappeared! So if you want to follow me come join me on Blog Lovin' (looks to be the nail bloggers method of choice).

Tuesday 26 March 2013

China Glaze: Black Diamond + added stamping!

I fancied something simple and elegant so decided to go with a dark background and a pink/silver stamp.

I used China Glaze's Black Diamond over a coat of CG's Liquid Leather.  I had tried to use the Black Diamond on its own but it was much too sheer and even with three coats it didn't look like it had a lot of depth to it.  So I nixed that one and put one coat over one coat of Liquid Leather. 

This is what it looked like without the stamp:

I personally think it's absolutely gorgeous.  A lovely black creme but with miniscule shimmery bits that almost takes it to an ultra dark grey.

I covered that with a top coat of CG's fast dry top coat (which I love but could do with someone chiming in on whether seche vite is worth the extra cost for a better product?).

And because I can't leave a good mani alone I wanted to put some stamps on top. Last week I received the Fairy Set from Gals Cosmetics and used two small images (from GA30 and GA38) overlapping each other on the tip of the nail with a pink foil effect nail polish from Beauty UK. And this is the result:


I really like this.  It's quite subtle until the light hits and then just lovely and shimmery.

N

Up next: Avant Garden with something extra!

3 comments:

  1. There's no way to follow you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know. There should be a little widget on the right hand side that takes care of that now.

      N

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete